Today’s essential question: What are some ways to remove the background from a Photoshop file?
Today we will learn several ways to remove the background from an image in Photoshop. How does this tie into our silhouette project?
If you feel like you understand Photoshop well, consider becoming a student leader and help teach your classmates how to do the mini lessons. (Notice that I said teach, not do their projects for them!)
Today we will learn how to create a collage in Photoshop by completing two mini lessons. These tutorials will teach us how to remove the background from an image in Photoshop and how to make it look like a kitten is in a box. Everyone should complete the veggie tutorial. If you have time, guide yourself through the kitten in a box tutorial. We will save a Photoshop version of our file AND a png of each tutorial to our 890# AND our Google Drive folder, and post the PNG to our blogs. You must create a new blog post that contains the work you did today in order to receive participation points.
Links to the resources we will use today:
Veggie Tutorial (teaches us how to use a variety of tools to remove the background from an image)
In order for it to be considered complete, it must meet the following requirements:
- the background needs to be removed from the tomato, broccoli, onion, and mushroom
- you must have duplicated at least one of the vegetables
- you must have transformed the copy of the vegetable you duplicated by scaling and rotating it
- you must add a shadow to at least one of the vegetables
Click here to view the step-by-step instructions for the veggie Photoshop tutorial. (If you do not have this file open and cannot tell me what step you need help with, I will not help you.)
Click here to download the veggie Photoshop starter file.
Bonus Tutorial: Kitten in a Box (teaches us how to make an object look like it is inside a container)
Finish early? Complete this tutorial to learn how to Photoshop a kitten into a box.
- Click here to view the step-by-step instructions for the kitten in a box tutorial. (If you do not have this file open and cannot tell me what step you need help with, I will not help you.)
- Click here to download the kitten in a box tutorial starter file.
Today we will:
- Finish sharing our artwork with the class.
- Complete the veggie tutorial. Save your file to your 890# AND your Foundations 1 Google Drive folder as both a photoshop (.psd) file and a .png file.
- If you have time, complete the kitten in a box tutorial
- Create and publish a new blog post with the following:
- a png of your completed veggie image
- a png of your completed kitten dress up image
- a png of your completed kitten in a box image (if you got that far)
- a paragraph describing how you create each image. Include any challenges you faced, and how you worked through those challenges.